Monday 30 September 2013

Monday feeling

It's Monday again and I'm all alone at home waiting for the Monday traffic to die down before I head off to work.  I usually try to leave very early, a gym session then feel nice and fresh for work. Today however, I haven't got the ummph to jump out of bed.  It was probably that anti-histamine I had to take last night after an allergy attack.  Really not sure what is causing my sudden outburst of rashes and itches like crazy.  I have been suffering from it for over a week now and it still keeps coming back.  It also just comes up randomly.  I could happily be sitting watching TV and a sudden reaction.

Anywhoo, yesterday we celebrated Nuradilla's 18th birthday. And that is it, no more what's classed as 'child' in my household. My babies are all officially adults now.  What a strange feeling - makes me feel ancient.  Hay-ho it is a great feeling when you are ancient but still keeping active though - in some cases more active than a lot of the young generation. I must admit it makes me feel sad when I see the young generation being inactive (lazy!). On the other hand sometimes there are 'bigger' people and a lot older people than me who can run a half-marathon or a full marathon even - R E S P E C T them totally!
Hmm back to what I was talking about, so we went for our usual birthday lunch - this time Adeen wanted to go to a buffet. So we thought of Jimmy Spice.  I couldn't help it but felt incomplete as there were only 4 of us. We never have birthday lunch with just 4 of us, it is just not right.  It was always a family do - but this time 1/3 of the family is missing. It didn't seem right. Adeen and Nadiah had their snapchats fun - so this is what 'adults' do ?? And Papa and I just enjoyed watching them making sillies of themselves. There were the moments that I just needed some comfort to re-assure me things are cool.

Lunch was good - food was excellent - it started off as crazy when we had to queue for about 20minutes before we could get a table. But worth the wait though.


No comments:

Post a Comment