Friday 20 September 2013

And it's the night before the last

And it's the night before the last night and Liyana will be off to Trinidad with her hubby. Strange feeling for me. I'm not sure what . I guess it's all happening so fast. I haven't been able to properly digest she is someone's wife and now they are off to start their own life on their own together. 
Wierd that I'll count two less heads when it's 'cooking for the family' day. I will not miss the cooking but will miss seeing them enjoy the food no matter how bad it turns out...usually it is actually good though ;)
Hay-ho life goes on. I'm happy for them, they are doing what I did 15 years ago, left my home country to make ends meet. Never regretted a second of it. If we didn't leave then, I can't think how we would survive the economic downturn during those years. Alhamdulillah we made the right decision to come to England and start our life here. Only for them, they have it all cut out for them... It's an opportunity not to be missed. Perhaps one day they will return to England to settle down, InshaAllah.
My prayers will be with you both always.

1 comment: